Saturday, March 14, 2009

The China Study

A comment I made on my last post has got a lot of people asking me why we gave up dairy. It was one of the first recommendations made to us by the professionals at the Institutes. They have a whole day devoted to achieving physiological excellence during the lecture series and nutrition is a huge part of that. They have been witness to some amazing transformation in their children based on the elimination of dairy alone. There are way too many reasons why we decided to give up dairy and I really don't want to start a debate on my blog about it because that's not what this is about. All I can say is that I have done my research and I feel absolutely confident in our decision to eliminate dairy as much as possible from our diet. Again, we slip up at times and my older boys occasional have it at other people's homes or at school but at our house, you will not see any milk or dairy products in our refrigerator.

For anyone interested in the science behind the reason why "dairy is scary", I urge you to read The China Study by T. Colin Campbell. It is one of the best books I've ever read. It changed my life. It is such an important book. I believe that this should be required reading for every health professional around the world, especially nutritionists and doctors who deal with cancer, heart disease and diabetes. PLEASE, go out and buy this book! Check it out at the library if you want to save money. If you don't have time to read, get the book on tape and listen to it on your commute or on your next road trip. It is a remarkable book.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I am intrigued. I just ordered the book and look forward to reading it.