Saturday, March 7, 2009

30 Meters and Counting...

He DID it!

Joaquin has a crawling victory! He has achieved his goal of crawling 30 meters a day. He is also crawling over obstacles like rugs and piles of clothing. This is one of our goals for his Intensive Treatment Program at the Institutes so I have emailed them with the good news and look forward to their response and whatever new goals they will have for him. I'm sure it will be an increased distance with the goal to creep on hands and knees....we'll see!

Another one of his goals is to stand assisted for 30 seconds. We put him in a sit position and then after he grabs our thumbs, we pull him up into a stand position. He has been able to do this for quite some time. Often times, he'll go for up to a minute holding on to our thumbs. So, we just try it every day, a couple times per day to build his endurance.

Way to go Joaquin!

2 comments:

Tausha said...

Thank you so much for the info you gave to me. I will look into it. Your little boy is beautiful!!! I love your blog and hope you don't mind if I follow.

Sharon said...

Yay Joaquin!!!You must be thrilled. Keep up the great work.